Bringing together store owner-operators and small high street retailers in a half day forum to hear expert presentations on how to build great small to medium businesses that thrive in today and tomorrow’s environment.
Themes covered include:
- Attracting talent and creating a great SME workplace culture
- Going from 1 to 10 – how we scaled and succeeded
- Adding online to your offering – Omni channel for the small retailer
Don’t miss the inspirational keynote from Pic Picot, from Pic’s Peanut Butter, who gave New Zealand their most loved peanut butter.
Agenda - Retail NZ Small & Medium Retailers' Forum
Understanding the retail sector as a career platform for new talent
Creating growth opportunities for new recruits
Fostering a workplace culture that aligns with new recruits – how can small to medium retailers achieve this?
Passion is key - where do you find passionate staff?
- Sharing examples of small retailers that have struggled with cash flow – what are the solutions available?
- Implementing different revenue structures – how can small to medium retailers create these
How can independent retailers implement omni-channel as a retail growth strategy?
Where to start and understanding common pitfalls in creating omni-channel experience
Showcasing successful examples that the New Zealand independent retailers can learn from
Evo Cycles has set out to become New Zealand's premier bicycle and accessory retailer.
Growing from 7 to 13 stores in only 10 months learn how Evo Cycles used company culture and values as a key driver to achieve successful and continuing growth.
- Developing a strong purchasing policy
- Collaborating with suppliers to achieve results
- Making courageous decisions – negative impact on margin, positive impact on environment
Join retail AI startup, Aider along with global payments leader, Paymark to learn how NZ-based small business owners are leveraging digital assistance and data insights to ease the load and make better, faster decisions. Aider and Paymark will also share research-based facts on the current state of NZ retail and how you can easily adopt technology to stay competitive in the evolving marketplace.
Now in their 10th year of operations, Pics has recently opened up their biggest factory in Nelson. From humble beginnings to the nation’s most loved peanut butter, hear from the Nelson retailer on their journey and what you can do to grow as an independent owner operator.