After the success of the inaugural event in 2019, the Retail NZ Summit is back in 2020. The Retail NZ Summit is the gathering of retailers from big-box to up and coming high growth SME nations leading businesses.
The one-day Summit is a focal point for the industry providing a platform for international thought leaders and local experts and practitioners discussing the changing consumer profiles, buying preferences and behaviour, the industry approach and role in sustainability and product stewardship and dynamics impacting the workforce and the success of the retail environment in New Zealand environment.
The Summit attracts 280 Retail leaders and in 2020 the event is the place to be inspired and create and renew connections with industry peers.
The Retail NZ Summit in 2020 will focus on the following themes:
- Delving into consumer behavior and how to market to Gen Z consumers
- Attracting and retaining talent in the retail industry – how to convey retail as a viable career option for recent graduates as well as those who are working in other industries
- International brands that open a brick & mortar presence in New Zealand and what this means for local retailers
- E-commerce and managing online and offline experience
- Sustainability – not only of products and how they are sourced, packaged and delivered to the customer but also focusing on corporate social responsibility and the culture the retailer promotes within its staff
- Payment methods and where New Zealand sits globally in this sphere